UMAN FACTOR DEPARTMENT
In every flight operation, safety depends on the quality of human performance meant as technical training and as a way through which the above professionality is applied.
It is well long been known that human errors are a contributing factor in over 70% of accidents. The risk increases for rotary wing whose activity – complex by nature – often take place in hostile environments with narrow safety margins.
The Department of Human Factor was born with the aim of contributing to the maintainance of high levels of safety standards for flight operations through the systematic application of the principles of Human Factor during training, the continuous improvements of CRM (Crew Resourse Management) skills and NOTECHS (No Technical Skills) of the crew and all personnel responsible for the safety of the flight (instructors, specialists, maintenance workers, managers).
The added value is offered by the use of FLIGHT SIMULATOR as a Training Tool: this allows pilots to experience live the non-technical aspects of their conduct of flight (situational awareness and decision making, integration and co-ordination crew, management error etc ..) making learning CRM contextualised, effective and immediate.
In order to achieve these objectives, the Department performs the following activities:
• Courses Certificates: CRM (Crew Resource Management), HPL (Human Performance and Limitations), HF maintenance (Human Factor Maintenance), training techniques in the classroom, CRMI (Instructor crew resource management), MCC (Multi Crew Cooperation);
• No certificate courses: NOTECHS (Technical NOTECHS vote, CRM (drones), TRM (Total Resource Management – Medicine, offshore, etc.), select (the interview selection techniques).
• External: Construction of custom NOTECHS matrix, Start up sectors for HF, Managing Human Resources in aviation, Organisational / Managerial, operators Supervision HF (trainers, facilitators, managers in the sector), Coaching;
• Internal: Internal Staff Training (CRM Maintenance), Consulting organizational HF, update courses, Coaching.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT:
• Search and identification of human factor contents;
• National and international visibility
• University network,
• Industry network.
HUMAN FACTOR PROMOTION:
• Participation in conferences;
• Scientific publications;
• Participations in events;
• Activities promotion at ENAC;
• Master and Specialization Courses for new graduates